So Alice fan, just finished unpacking that new TV or Xbox? (Or PlayStation….I guess) And you’re looking around the house at all this newly acquired foam? Don’t just throw it out, you could make Mushrooms outta those!!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bag of Styrofoam Spheres – Or just carve some nearly circles from left over foam.
- Bag (or individually purchased) Styrofoam cones – Or just make your own – but get your mum involved knives are sharpe!
- Bottle of Styrofoam glue or basic craft glue
- Red paint
- White paint
- Paint brush
- Serrated knife (remember ask mum for help!)
- Firstly cut the spheres in to halves using the serrated knife. Don’t worry if they’re uneven, this makes the mushrooms more realistic.
- Using a spoon, scoop out a little well in the centre of the flat-side of the halved sphere.
- Again using the serrated knife, cut the tip off the cones. This will make it easier for the mushroom tops to sit on them evenly.
- Put a dollop of glue in to the well (created with the spoon) and stick it on top of the cone, pressing firmly.
- After the mushrooms have dried or feel solid enough to paint; paint the whole mushroom white, to cover up any tiny mistakes and give it a smooth finish.
- Paint the top of the mushroom red and wait till it has dried.
- Once dry, paint white dots over the top, making sure they are scattered and not in a pattern. This will make the mushrooms look more realistic.